Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Day 7: 40 Day Abundance Meditations -- Let go and let God


The Divine Consciousness that I am is forever expressing its true nature of Abundance.  This is its responsibility, not mine.  My only responsibility is to be aware of this Truth.  Therefore, I am totally confident in letting go and letting God appear as the abundant all-sufficiency in my life and affairs.*


Wow.  This might be the hardest and most important direction in the meditations.  And yet it should be the easiest.  All I am told here is that while abundance is operating through and as my consciousness at all times, this is its responsibility, not mine.  All I have to do is be AWARE of this Truth. I don't have to create abundance.  

This is difficult for me to square with another spiritual truth I believe in which is "faith without works is dead"--in other words, one should pray for one's good but then move confidently towards one's good.  Can I really just let go?  Can I really just sit around being "aware" and be confident that abundance will manifest in my life?


The way I reconcile these is through experience.  It is my experience that on the one hand once I plant a seed of intention and passion in my consciousness, it will start to sprout and grow without me.  This is a good metaphor because you really don't have to stand around watching a seed grow into a plant for it to grow into a plant.  The plant will need water and sun and nutrients from the soil, and I can help make sure that those are available.  But the plant doesn't need me to make it grow.   I feel sheepish about this metaphor because although it is powerful and true, it is, like most good metaphors overused.  My son just spent 2 months at an organic farm in Hawaii where he had a lifetime full of plant metaphors.  Now he's in Costa Rica working with elevation (sea level, 2000 feet, etc.) metaphors.

Yet, on the other hand I know that God cannot do for me, what it cannot do through me.  So I do have to in effect be the soil for the plant.  In metaphysical thought my consciousness is the soil into which the seed is planted or, more accurately, Divine Consciousness accessed through me is the soil.  I can till the soil by meditating, praying and increasing my receptivity to the Truth.  Today I commit to that but then I let go of the result.  I let go of control.  I let go of the idea that I am making the plant grow.  I watch it grow and I await its fruits, nuts and flowers.

*If you are just joining our show in progress, meditate on this for 15 minutes today.  You can start the meditations any day, don't worry about the day it says it is, but then do it for 40 days.  At any time you can look ahead or behind and see how it works by going to this link:  How to do the 40 day Meditation Program

No comments: