Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Day 6: 40 Day Abundance Meditations -- Mixed Blessings


Day 6:  My inner supply instantly and constantly takes on form and experience according to my needs and desires, and as the Principle of Supply in action, it is impossible for me to have any needs or unfulfilled desires.*


I've been dreading this meditation because I never fully understand it.  Maybe you'll do me the favor of commenting on it and sharing your understanding with me.  Since we'll cycle through this full series of ten meditations four times, we'll have an opportunity to extract all the juice from it.

Let me stall for a minute by telling you a little bit about how this series has worked for me in my life.  I am doing the series now for the, oh, I'd say about the 10th time conservatively.  Every time I've done it, long about day 12 I experience profound demonstrations of abundance.  Sometimes the demonstrations take the form of good ol' money:  people or institutions that have owed me money for years and I've given up on suddenly pay me back.  Or debts are forgiven.  Or angels come forward to pay for things I thought I was going to have to shoulder myself.  Sometimes it's a step removed from money but very financially tangible:  I get job offers; I get paid travel opportunities.  Sometimes it's apparently abundant but not in a financial way:  I forgive someone and feel love flood my heart; long lost friend reappears; health returns.   

Other times, the abundance feels less good in the short run:  I'm able to give up a nasty habit I've long depended upon; I feel better (I feel grief, loneliness, loss and fear better before I feel joy, love and hope).

For me, while you may be on Day 6 of this program, I am actually on day 16 (I cheated and got the jump on you: deal with it).  Right now my "abundance" is coming in the form of my telling my boss yesterday that I'm taking a 30 day sick leave on the advice of a doctor starting Friday.  

Which brings me back to the meditation:  "My inner supply instantly and constantly takes on form and experience according to my needs and desires."  We've learned from the previous meditations that my supply is inner.  We've learned that is in exhaustible.   Now we hear that the way this supply gets shaped into real world stuff ("form and experience") is through my needs and desires.  The picture of the messy child at the top is instructive:  babies express their needs and desires loudly and clearly.  Sometimes they want to take their food and pour it all over their head--and their inner supply says, as it always does, "yes!"  The baby does not then balk at the food on the head.  He sits comfortably in it.  You and I may be more likely to pour food on our head and then scream "I need a shower!  why is there food on my head!"

This meditation reminds us to be careful what we want or need and to be grateful when it happens.  If Spirit always says yes, then we can say yes back through gratitude.  And we can change our mind and put our food in our stomachs next time.

*If you are just joining our show in progress, meditate on this for 15 minutes today.  You can start the meditations any day, don't worry about the day it says it is, but then do it for 40 days.  At any time you can look ahead or behind and see how it works by going to this link:  How to do the 40 day Meditation Program

1 comment:

Mitch Austin, Spiritual Counselor said...

This mediation made me think. What have I wanted that showed up and I looked at my dining table. I really wanted and needed an affordable dining table that could seat at least eight people. I recently got a beautiful wood table that seats 10 for $125. I believe the form with in was moving events to deliver this table the moment I asked. It the gap in between sometimes where my doubts can run in and question this stuff doesn't work, but then again with my table I am reminded it does. Love your blog. Blessings Mitch