Monday, December 17, 2012

Day 5: 40 Day Abundance Meditations -- Unlimited Supply



Money is not my supply.  No person, place or condition is my supply.  My knowledge of the all-providing activity of the Divine Mind within me is my supply.  My consciousness of this Truth is unlimited; therefore, my supply is unlimited.

Today's is one of my favorites:  “money is not my supply.  No person, place or condition is my supply.”  This means that my supply is not my job, my spouse, the federal government, the state government, my parents, or my Great Great Aunt Minerva whose will I’m supposed to be in.  None of these people are my supply. 

“My knowledge of the all-providing activity of the Divine Mind within me is my supply.”  So again, it’s my knowledge of this activity that is itself my supply.  The word knowledge suggests perhaps that it requires study and attention rather than simply awareness in order to create supply.

But how much time do I give to the study of Divine Mind?  Compare that to what time I give other pursuits.  I’m fond of saying that I don’t have time for something.  Yet, periodically, I’m challenged by my spiritual mentors to do an analysis of where I spend my time.  I sit down and do a time diary (kind of like a food diary only less delicious) for the day or the week.  When I do this, I often discover that I fritter away great numbers of hours reading and responding to emails (and increasingly Facebook and other social media).  I may spend time watching tv, standing in line at Starbucks or fantasizing about things that don’t serve me. 

The question then becomes, what would it be like if I devoted some percentage of that time instead to meditation?  What would it be like if I devoted it to writing or thinking about or increasing my knowledge and consciousness of the Divine Mind within me.


*If you are just joining our show in progress, meditate on this for 15 minutes today.  You can start the meditations any day, don't worry about the day it says it is, but then do it for 40 days.  At any time you can look ahead or behind and see how it works by going to this link:  How to do the 40 day Meditation Program

No comments: