Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Day 14: 40 Day Abundance -- As within so without



Through my consciousness of my Godself, the Christ within, as my Source, I draw into my mind and feeling nature the very substance of Spirit.  This substance is my supply, thus my consciousness of the Presence of God within me is my supply.


I'm going to confess right now that I do a lot of talking with Jesus.  I guess you could call Him the Christ within easily enough since the only way I access or process what he has to say back is through me but the truth is that I don't really think of Him that way. I think of Him as a person who is much more wise than I and who loves me completely and unconditionally and who I can consult about anything and who mostly knows the answers (if there are any).  

In some measure for religious scientists (of which I am one), this is heresy.  We are taught that there is no separation between me and God.  God is all there is.  Thus when I personify God and treat Him as if He were a person out there, a white man in the sky with a beard, I am separating myself from God.

Yet we are also taught that the innermost God and the outermost God are the same God.  Thus, it ultimately matters not whether I consult God within or God without.  For me, it gets even more complicated when I explain that I do not really consider Jesus the Christ as a God.  I consider Him the ultimate son of God.  I consider that when I am consulting Jesus I am consulting one of the most enlightened human beings about how to live and about how to please God.  The fact that Jesus also wore a meat suit means that He knows more about how to live as a human than God does.  Or, since that's kind of impossible, to put it another way, the way that God knows a lot of what He knows about being human comes from the wisdom of Jesus.

Plato quotes Socrates as saying, "the very essence of knowledge is self-knowledge" echoing the Greek's belief in the alchemical wisdom "as within so without."  To me, consulting the Christ within is the way to live better on the outside.  
*If you are just joining our show in progress, meditate on this for 15 minutes today.  You can start the meditations any day, don't worry about the day it says it is, but then do it for 40 days.  At any time you can look ahead or behind and see how it works by going to this link:  How to do the 40 day Meditation Program

No comments: