Friday, December 14, 2012

Day 2: 40 Day Abundance Meditations


I lift up my mind and heart to be aware, to understand, and to know that the Divine Presence, I AM is the Source and Substance of all my good.


See, this abundance stuff works.  By Day 2 I was able to put on make-up and (sort of) brush my hair to record this video of me reading the meditation.

What does this mean?  I lift up my mind and heart to be aware, to understand, and to know that the Divine Presence, I AM is the Source and Substance of all my good.  When Moses asked God for his name he said "אֶהְיֶה אֲשֶׁר אֶהְיֶהʾehyeh ʾašer ʾehyeh"  which means "I Am that I Am" (God speaks all languages of course but apparently preferred Hebrew a long time ago.  He goes through phases.  For a few centuries He favored Latin.  Like so many of us He experimented with Esperanto in the 70's and is now comfortably working predominantly in English.) I AM is one of the seven names for God in the medieval Jewish tradition.  

It is also the name of a great documentary that I forgot to review but would give a solid 4 Snouts Up (see poster above).

So a name for God is I AM, but it is also who I AM.  Both are true.  The Divine Presence of God is the Source and Substance of all my Truth.  And the Divine Presence I am is the Source and Substance of all my Truth.  Since, as I understand and believe.  God is all there is.  There is no place where God is not.   God is showing up as all things at all times.  Therefore God is showing up as me today.  God is, as a matter of fact, having a wonderful time being me.

That means that there is a part of me (well really all of me) that is connected to Divine Mind and to the Divine Presence I AM.  Today's meditation asks me to be aware that the Divine Presence I AM is the Source and Substance of all my good.  (Note:  normally I cannot stand random capitalization.  Our founding fathers liked it, but it is not good useage today.  However since Randolph Price the creator of these meditations uses it and since it helps me realize and understand capital S Spiritual capital T Truth, I am falling prey).

Today's meditation exhorts us to focus our awareness of both our mind and our heart (don't get me started on "heartspace," a term my spiritual movement uses that gags me) on the fact that our own I AM is the Source--not our job, our spouse, our parents or our Great Aunt Minerva who refuses to die at one hundred and two but has us in her will--of all our good.

By the way, let me emphasize again that you must do these meditations every day for your awareness to shift to abundance.  Social science research shows that it takes 30 consecutive days of doing anything to develop a habit.  We're trying to exercise and build the muscle of knowing that God is our Source here.  So if you get to day 2 and don't do day 3.  You can start day 1 on day 4.  What matters is not which meditation you're on but that you do it for 40 consecutive days.  

At any time you can look ahead and see the rest or print them by going to this link:  How to do the 40 day Meditation Program

No comments: