Saturday, December 15, 2012

Day 3: 40 Day Abundance Meditations


I am conscious of the Inner Presence as my lavish Abundance.  I am conscious of the constant activity of this Mind of infinite Prosperity.  Therefore, my consciousness is filled with the Light of Truth.*

This one really always rocks my world.  This says that the Inner Presence (my sense of a higher self, my sense of the divine, the part of me that knows better, the part of me that sings when I see a beautiful painting or sunset) IS my lavish abundance.  There is constant activity in the Mind of universe and it is prosperous.  I can see prosperity in the infinite sand on the beach, the infinite stars in the sky in the multiplicity of species of animals and plant life.  When I put my attention to this Inner Presence, or, more accurately, whether or not I do, my consciousness is filled with the Light of Truth.

This means to me that whether or not I focus on it, my consciousness is always filled with the light of truth.  Light of Truth means to me that which shines itself upon me and pushes the stories I tell myself away.  Truth knows the difference between the story I tell myself about how I am trapped, or a victim, or being disrespected or overlooked and the reality of my being 100% in the love of the Divine every moment of every day.  Truth knows that I am free, that I have solutions, that this too shall pass.  Truth knows that all is well despite any appearance to the contrary--that is known by Truth and it  is the Truth--at the same time.


At this point I must sheepishly confess that looking back on some of this writing above it reminds me of nothing so much as the descriptions they'd give in my Freshman psych textbook of how people with Aphasia act.  With Aphasia, as I recall, a part of your brain is destroyed that contains the capacity for abstract thought.    To demonstrate this, they'd give aphasics a proverb like "too many cooks spoil the broth" and ask them to describe what it meant.  For you and me, we'd say something about how having too many people involved in a project ruins the result.  The aphasic, however, babbles on about cooks and broth incessantly, "you know, there are cooks and then there's broth and the cooks start to be with other cooks and soon there are just, you know, too many of them..."  So you know, there's light and abundance and truth and prosperity and it's all, you know, really really good.

*If  you are just joining our show in progress, you can start the meditations today or tomorrow.  At any time you can look ahead or behind and see the rest or print them by going to this link:  How to do the 40 day Meditation Program

No comments: