Sunday, December 23, 2012

Day 11: 40 Day Abundance Meditations -- Rabbit hangover


 God is lavish, unfailing Abundance, the rich omnipresent substance of the Universe.  This all-providing Source of infinite prosperity is individualized as me—the Reality of me.*

So this is Day 11 which means that it starts back on the first of the 10 meditations for the second cycle.  We will cycle through all ten meditations four times in these forty days.  I am in Buenos Aires now so that shows you how well it manifests.  On day one I was in Sacramento now I am in Argentina.  End of discussion.

Here in Buenos Aires there are still difficulties.   I woke up at 10am (5am pacific time) after having eaten rabbit at 10pm last night so the morning is slightly atypical.  You haven't lived until you have a rabbit hangover.  (It's like a chicken hangover only a bit more stringy.)  Within 10 minutes of waking up I was informed that we were all mobilizing within 15 minutes to go to a market.

I had planned to my meditation, prayer and contemplative time upon awakening.  The old me would have simply said, okay, I'll be ready right away.  The new me checked in with "the reality of me" and found that while I still had a lingering belief in the lack: as in, if I didn't mobilize right away I'd be a bad sister-in-law and also miss my ONLY chance to go to this market in Buenos Aires with a rabbit hangover!  I realized that I could actually find out where the market is, eat my breakfast and do complete my spiritual ablutions and still join them.

I communicated that (and that was fine), began my ablutions and then was called into an hourlong zany fun computer fest trying to book ferry tickets to Uruguay with my brother-in-law (who had been at it for 2 hours).  At noon some of the family left.  We succeeded in booking tickets at 12:30pm and then the rest left to join them for a tour of the National Theater.  I'd now been up for 2 1/2 hours and not meditated or prayed OR gone to the market or the National Theater OR shaken the rabbit hangover (burp, sigh).

So they left and I've been meditating one the nature of abundance within.  It's the knowledge that all is well despite any appearance to the contrary and while today might be my only chance to go to the National Theater or this huge market, it's also my only chance to meditate on the nature of abundance in an apartment in Buenos Aires.  I can make a different choice anytime and today I choose abundance (over rabbit).

*If you are just joining our show in progress, meditate on this for 15 minutes today.  You can start the meditations any day, don't worry about the day it says it is, but then do it for 40 days.  At any time you can look ahead or behind and see how it works by going to this link:  How to do the 40 day Meditation Program


No comments: