Sunday, December 16, 2012

Day 4: 40 Day Abundance Meditations


Through my consciousness of my Godself, the Christ within, as my Source, I draw into my mind and feeling nature the very substance of Spirit.  This substance is my supply, thus my consciousness of the Presence of God within me is my supply.*

As I turn my attention to the Christ within, I'm glad that Hannukah ended last night.  What is the Christ within?  For me it continues to be that part of myself that is connected to all of Creation.  It is that part of me that knows unconditional love and loves unconditionally--the part that cried over my morning paper yesterday at the thoughts of the slaughter of those innocent children and the violence that permeates our society, our consciousness.  There is no violence in the Christ within.  There is only peace and love.  There is no violence or judgment or anger just a very open heart.

This morning I read a New York Times article printed in the Sacramento Bee (on Sunday we get both papers and often I find that allows my husband and me to read the same article simultaneously--it's nice when it happens like that).  The article was about evangelical Christians in North San Diego County protesting the teaching of yoga throughout their local public school system.

Leaving aside the headline "School Yoga Class Draws Fire From Conservatives" coupled with a picture of first-graders lying on the floor (an unfortunate juxtaposition of metaphor and photo given recent events), the article interested me.  I was particularly drawn to the words of Mary Eady, an Evangelical parent of a first-grader, to wit "They're not just teaching physical poses, they're teaching children how to think and how to make decisions.  They're teaching children how to meditate and how to look within for peace and for comfort.  They're using this as a tool for many things beyond just stretching."


My first reaction was, isn't this consistent with the teachings of Christ?  Psalm 46:10 Be still and know that I am God.  Granted this is the old testament, but Christ, good Jew that he was, believed it and many people consider this one of the most instructive verses of the Bible.  Yet, I must remind myself as I look to that Christ within, it is not for me to judge how someone else wants to raise her child or protect her child or whether she believes that yoga and Christ are compatible.  I think they are, but I'm not the mother.

Reading the paper can bring a lack of peace and a lack of consciousness of that self.  My charge today is look within and know that my very consciousness of the presence of God within me is my supply.  That's a very exciting and liberating thought.  In a way, it is not God that is the Supply but my Consciousness of God that it is the Supply--I must cultivate it.


*If  you are just joining our show in progress, meditate on this for 15 minutes today.  You can start the meditations today or tomorrow.  At any time you can look ahead or behind and see the rest or print them by going to this link:  How to do the 40 day Meditation Program

No comments: