Monday, January 21, 2013

Day 40: 40 Day Abundance Meditations--Look to your inner Obama



 I keep my mind and thoughts off “this world” and I place my entire focus on God within as the only cause of my prosperity.  I acknowledge the Inner Presence as the only activity in my financial affairs, as the substance of all things visible.  I place my faith in the Principle of Abundance in action within me.”*

I'm not going to lie, I'm thrilled that this is the fortieth, hence last, day of the Abundance Meditations.  I'd like to pretend that I planned it end on Martin Luther King and Inaugural Day (and what was to be the last day of my leave), but it's all coincidence.  I liked the President's Inaugural address much better than the first address; it was an unabashedly progressive speech and it put gay rights on a par with all the other struggles for civil rights in American history.  It called for "collective action" and focussed on the "we" instead of the "me."  As my husband said, "there is nothing for the conservatives to like about this speech."  That doesn't bother me.

But I digress--this meditation asks me to turn my thoughts away from "this world" and focus within.   Even a passionate political heart can take this advice to the bank.  It doesn't mean that I don't care about the world or have an effect on it.  It means that when I go within, I go where the real power is. 

*If you are just joining our show in progress, meditate on this for 15 minutes today.  You can start the meditations any day, don't worry about the day it says it is, but then do it for 40 days.  At any time you can look ahead or behind and see how it works by going to this link:  How to do the 40 day Meditation Program

No comments: