Thursday, January 03, 2013

Day 22: 40 Day Abundance Meditations -- I lift my eyes to the hills


 I lift up my mind and heart to be aware, to understand, and to know that the Divine Presence, I AM is the Source and Substance of all my good.*

We've looked a bit at "I AM" and the inner presence, now let's look at the part of this meditation that is about "lifting up my mind and heart."  This makes me think of Psalm 121 which says, in the New International Version, 
1 I lift up my eyes to the hills-- where does my help come from? 2 My help comes from the LORD, the Maker of heaven and earth. 3 He will not let your foot slip-- he who watches over you will not slumber; 4 indeed, he who watches over Israel will neither slumber nor sleep. 5 The LORD watches over you-- the LORD is your shade at your right hand; 6 the sun will not harm you by day, nor the moon by night. 7 The LORD will keep you from all harm-- he will watch over your life; 8 the LORD will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore.
This is such a beautiful and restful psalm to dwell upon.  I live in the Sacramento Valley.  The high Sierra is just 50 miles away, well within my field of vision.  Yet so often, my field of vision is confined to work, my to do list, worrying about family, health.  I forget that one of the most beautiful sights in the world is available to me.  If I take a breath and lift my eyes to the hills, both literally and figuratively, I see grandeur, I see peace, I see endurance.  I am safe.

*If you are just joining our show in progress, meditate on this for 15 minutes today.  You can start the meditations any day, don't worry about the day it says it is, but then do it for 40 days.  At any time you can look ahead or behind and see how it works by going to this link:  How to do the 40 day Meditation Program

No comments: