Monday, January 14, 2013

Day 33: 40 Day Abundance Meditations--God at work vs. my inner 3 year old

I am conscious of the Inner Presence as my lavish Abundance.  I am conscious of the constant activity of this Mind of infinite Prosperity.  Therefore, my consciousness is filled with the Light of Truth.*

About "constant activity of this mind"--a lot of people, including me, don't like to meditate because when we become quiet, we become aware that our minds are racing and moving constantly.  So a couple of things about that on this meditation: first, that isn't what this is referring to, the constant activity of my little mind and the constant activity of the big capital "M" Mind are two different things.  Secondly, sometimes all I can do in meditation is observe my little mind and that's fine.  Meditation is often observed in the breach: that is, when I catch myself wandering and bring myself back.  Even a buddhist monk or nun who has spent years "on the cushion" will say that their mind is rarely quiet.


The constant activity of the larger Mind to which I am connected is a different matter.  The importance of that is to know that no matter how still I become or how little I do the Mind is in constant activity.  It does not rely on me joining it in constant activity to be able benefit from its activity--wow, I needed to hear that today.  Today I choose to sit back and be aware of rather than participating in constant activity.

*If you are just joining our show in progress, meditate on this for 15 minutes today.  You can start the meditations any day, don't worry about the day it says it is, but then do it for 40 days.  At any time you can look ahead or behind and see how it works by going to this link:  How to do the 40 day Meditation Program

No comments: