Tuesday, January 01, 2013

Day 20: 40 Day Abundance Meditations -- You are safe: there's no cliff and it isn't fiscal


 I keep my mind and thoughts off “this world” and I place my entire focus on God within as the only cause of my prosperity.  I acknowledge the Inner Presence as the only activity in my financial affairs, as the substance of all things visible.  I place my faith in the Principle of Abundance in action within me.*

Happy New Year, everyone!  I just returned from my trip to Argentina and don't quite know which end is up.  This and the "fiscal cliff" are good reminders to keep our minds and thoughts off "this world."  Actually, the prevalent over-used metaphor of the "fiscal cliff" provides a powerful reminder of how we can tell ourselves stories, whether as a society or in the confines of our mind, that somehow seem real (when they're not).

Let me say this very clearly:  there never was and never be a "fiscal cliff."  There is no cliff and it's not fiscal.  There are some tax cuts that technically expired last night.  There are some other considerations.  "Fiscal cliff" is just a story (name) (chairman of the Federal Reserve) Ben Bernake came up with and the press picked up and ran wild with.  If it's a huge terrible cliff that we're racing toward, then we must be afraid and we must act from fear and do anything at all that we can to avoid that cliff.

This is no different from the stories (names) we tell ourselves when we say we're "under stress."  To paraphrase money and coaching genius Maria Nemeth (who happens to be one of my formative influences), if there is not an anvil on our chest, then chances are we are not under "stress."  When our pulse races and our blood pressure soars and we have trouble sleeping, our body is showing a reaction of extreme fear.  One of the most commonly reported sources of "stress" or fear in our lives is perceived financial difficulties.

This meditation is a reminder that all is well right here and right now no matter what the story I'm telling myself.  Unless I'm wet and cold and don't know where my next meal is coming from or am being chased by a tiger, I am safe and there is nothing to fear.  If I focus on the Inner Presence, I can feel that all is well.  I can feel that I am alive and safe.  That is my true abundance and my true source.
  
*If you are just joining our show in progress, meditate on this for 15 minutes today.  You can start the meditations any day, don't worry about the day it says it is, but then do it for 40 days.  At any time you can look ahead or behind and see how it works by going to this link:  How to do the 40 day Meditation Program

No comments: