Saturday, January 19, 2013

Day 38: 40 Day Abundance Meditations--Do something different


 My consciousness of the Spirit within me as my unlimited Source is the Divine Power to restore the years the locusts have eaten, to make all things new, to lift me up to the High Road of abundant prosperity.  This awareness, understanding and knowledge of Spirit appears as every visible form and experience that I could possibly desire.*

All things new--what does that really mean?  To me it means that I only have this one minute, this one day.  It may be Saturday, January 19th, 2013.  It may be my son's 18th birthday (happy birthday, Nick!).  It may be the 38th day of a 40 day abundance meditation series.  It is certainly today.  It is certainly now.  This is the only time I have and I have the choice today to begin again and be new.  

We acknowledge that and celebrate it on New Year's Day and create resolutions for all sorts of ways we're going to change.  By January 19th, we may have let go of a number of our resolutions.   The truth is that I can turn on a dime and starting today, I can choose to do things differently for myself.  I can let go of habits that weren't serving me (how about just one?) and I can embrace habits that serve (again, just one?) and make all things new.


I heard an interview with Deepak Chopra on NPR the other day where he suggested just doing one thing differently than usually do to challenge your brain.  If you always buckle your belt on the left, turn it around and buckle it on the right.  If you always take a given route to work in your car, drive a different way (or better yet, bike or take a bus to work).  Do something different (and new) today.

*If you are just joining our show in progress, meditate on this for 15 minutes today.  You can start the meditations any day, don't worry about the day it says it is, but then do it for 40 days.  At any time you can look ahead or behind and see how it works by going to this link:  How to do the 40 day Meditation Program

No comments: