Friday, January 04, 2013

Day 23: 40 Day Abundance Meditations -- what makes my flame burn stronger?

 I am conscious of the Inner Presence as my lavish Abundance.  I am conscious of the constant activity of this Mind of infinite Prosperity.  Therefore, my consciousness is filled with the Light of Truth.*

What is the Light of Truth?  A couple of years ago I had a powerful dream in which I was taken to a place that from the outside seemed like hell itself--hundreds of naked cold skinny bodies writhing in pain in an old broken down building.  I didn't want to go in.  I was terrified but somehow the taxi driver pulled me out of the car and shoved me towards this horrific mass.  As I entered the throng, suddenly it transformed and I was surrounded by the deepest love I had ever felt.  The people were happy, clothed, well-fed and in harmony with each other.  I was at one with them.

When I awoke, I realized that this is capital T Truth.  My mind plays immense tricks on me and I am often afraid of what is most wonderful for me.  Indeed, Mary Morrisey has been one of the spiritual teachers who has shown me that fear is just the electrical fence that keeps me trapped in my current comfort zone.

So what I am coming to know is that this Light of Truth is always available to me somehow, somewhere but the key is going within, past the worries, doubts and fear, to a place that can access Truth.  One of the things that helps me is to picture a candle flame in my chest and see whether when I contemplate one thing or another it flickers like it will blow out or burns stronger.

*If you are just joining our show in progress, meditate on this for 15 minutes today.  You can start the meditations any day, don't worry about the day it says it is, but then do it for 40 days.  At any time you can look ahead or behind and see how it works by going to this link:  How to do the 40 day Meditation Program

No comments: