Friday, February 07, 2020

Feeling More Compassionate and Tender about Undecided Dems (no mention of any candidate here)


With the news of low turnout in Iowa caucuses earlier this week driven by fear of making the wrong choice, my heart has finally cracked open for the undecided.  I realize now that I have been so sure and fixated on my (not to be named here) choice for the Democratic nomination for president that I have missed something.  For those of you who share my choice, don’t worry, I haven’t changed my mind.  It’s just that I realize that I’ve been callous and self- righteous and I haven’t appreciated how terrified others are in this election.

I, like they, can be forgiven (we all are, always).   This is new for many of us.  Few of us have experienced a presidential election where the fear of four more years of the incumbent is so strong that nothing else matters.  Few of us have faced a situation where even those of us who always vote in primaries (historically an even smaller percentage of the general election electorate), those of who usually feel comfortable choosing, cannot choose. 

When I am paralyzed by indecision, the rationale choice is to do nothing.  It makes sense not to participate, not to show up.  Not because it doesn’t matter, but because it matters so much.  What if I vote for someone in the primary that seems to align with my views and then they lose in the general because they’re too something?  What then?  How can I live with that? 

And when I’m paralyzed by indecision, it also makes sense to avoid and even feel irritated by those who are decisive, who seem to know exactly what they want.  How the hell can they know that when I don’t?  Certainty, they tell me, can seem really obnoxious.

So let’s see if we can bring something other than the polarity of uncertainty and certainty into this equation.

There is only one power in the universe and that is the power of love.  That love connects and makes up all things.  That love is bigger than anything I can ever imagine.  It contains within it everything that has ever been and anything that could be.  That love has no limits and it is not bound by precedent.

That love has formed itself into me, and every single voter who has made up their mind and every single voter who hasn’t made up their mind and every single person who never votes and thinks elections have nothing to do with reality.  

And so I speak my word from love, with love, for love for every single heart participating in this 2020 primary election.

I know that I am an infinite being who is safe in divine love.  I know that no judgment can hurt me. 

Like a vacuum cleaner of judgment, I pull all judgment from undecided voters toward me to flow through me and back into the river of love from whence it came. 

Like a vacuum cleaner of judgment, I pull all judgment from super decided voters towards me to flow through me and back into the river of love from whence it came.

What else is possible?  How does it get better than this?  What energy, space and consciousness can I and every voter be to release this polarity?  Am I willing to release all the thoughts, beliefs, opinions and conclusions that brought me to this point?  Am I willing to destroy and un-create anything that made me think that over here there are candidates who excite me and energize me and then over there are the candidates that can win and those cannot be the same candidate or the same person?

I am so grateful that love is on the job 24/7.  I am so grateful that love is running this election, love is staffing polling places and campaigns, love is voting, love is counting the votes, love is reporting and commenting on the results.  I am grateful that love is posting on social media.  I am grateful that love is in my neighborhoods, my household, my place of worship and my place of employment.    I am so grateful that love knows all.  Love can see the future.  Love knows no time.  Love is waking me up and giving me clear direction, whatever that is.

Because I feel and know the love that is on the job.  I can relax into the arms of love and take the next indicated loving action.

I let go and I let love.  And so it is.


No comments: