Thursday, February 13, 2020

Comparison of Medicare for All to Private Insurance and to Current Medicare


As someone who spent more than a decade advocating for the rights of healthcare consumers and organized labor by working for versions of Medicare for All in Congress and the California legislature and then capped off that career by helping to implement Obamacare in California, I am qualified to offer an educated guess on the effect that Medicare for All will have on most people’s lives.  However, it is only that.  At this point I am only a minister who is interested in what love would have me do.  And today, to me, love still points the way to Medicare for All.

Here’s an off the top of my head chart laying out my understanding of what is true about current private health insurance coverage and the effects that Medicare could have on it.  




And below, for those who currently qualify for Medicare or Medicaid or are concerned about current levels of coverage, here is a comparison between what you may currently have and what Medicare for All proponents are working for.



No comments: