Sunday, January 12, 2020

Graduate Level Spirituality: Coming to grips with an E.L.F.

Warning:  this particular post is graduate level spirituality.  Do not advise going directly from feeling resentful and victimized towards everyone every minute of your life without ever doing your own work to now labelling people "ELFs." 


After years spent learning its me in the mirror and if you spot it you got it, I am finally coming to grips with what Access Consciousness founder Gary Douglas calls an E.L.F. (or Evil Little F***).    This is both HARD and important for me to get.  Yes, the only person I can control is me.  Yes, if I have a problem with someone and strong feelings about it, it is MY consciousness that I need to work on, not theirs.  And NO, that does not mean that they are a wonderful person with good intentions or that I have to hang around them. 


In other words, sometimes my feelings, which are always pointing in the direction of my healing, are pointing to "get the heck away from this person."  I am only beginning to realize, after years of seeing where I've been dishonest, selfish, fearful or self-seeking and then forgiving and making amends for my behavior, that I ALSO need to stop putting myself in harm's way.  There are people in my life who behave like Evil Little F**ks.  That does not mean that they are inherently evil or irredeemable.  But it doesn't mean I need to keep giving them chances to hurt me.  


For years I had a mentor who undermined or failed to support me at every turn.  They openly resented me and felt threatened by me.  They attempted to sabotage my career numerous times.  I did my spiritual work around this numerous times and even made amends to them for what really were my legitimate failings in our relationship.  Now I realize that they're an E.L.F. in my life.  Don't get me wrong, I am grateful to them.  Their elvin behavior has played a role in my spiritual awakening.  Just as the Dalai Lama refers to Chairman Mao as his greatest spiritual teacher, they have been one of mine.  


Recognizing that person as an E.L.F. is a huge spiritual development for me because now I can complete that soul contract and move on.  Thank you, you evil little f**k for awakening me to my greater magnificence.  I no longer choose to put myself in harm's way.  I no longer choose to let you OR ANYONE LIKE YOU hurt me.  I free myself of this and all related social/soul contracts!


More about ELFs Frenemies and Rattlesnakes

No comments: