Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Day 5 at the DMV

All right, I'm not in the DMV any longer. Haven't been there since last Thursday. But I've blogged about it and I've gotten lots of emails back. So I have two things to say: one is a public service announcement and the other, well, the other is a public service announcement too.

Public service announcement #1:
There are other DMVs besides the one on Broadway in Sacramento! Who knew? It crossed my mind at some point, but I try not to leave a 5 mile radius of my home if I can help it and so I immediately pushed it out of my mind. People have written in to recommend the DMV on Mack Road in South Sacramento, the Davis DMV, a special phantom DMV that AAA may operate for AAA customers (but no one knows where it is), and some other DMV in the eastern part of Sacto.

There's one thing everyone can agree on: don't go to the Broadway DMV. To paraphrase Yogi Berra, nobody goes there, it's too crowded.

Public service announcement #2:

Don't just hit reply, comment! People keep emailing me with comments on my blogs but not posting them on the blog itself. Pleast post them on the blog! The main reason is that what you're all saying is really good and interesting and thought provoking and all my readers would benefit from reading it.

The more self-serving reason is my handlers tell me that the only way to build a successful blog readership is comments. Every comment drives the post higher in the ratings and the search engines. No comments = no readers. So, please comment! If I can make it easier for you technologically somehow, let me know.

1 comment:

Astraea said...

Okay. I'll leave a comment. Generally, the AAA DMV services are offered in the AAA office - most AAA offices do this - you should be able to find the closest office to you online and also verify which DMV services are offered.

Also, I believe it was mentioned before, but since I'm not positive of this I will mention it again... you can make appointments for the DMV online and then show up at your appointment time - it is the only way I go to the DMV anymore.

Good luck.

Heather