Monday, February 08, 2010

Day 10--SEASON FOR NONVIOLENCE--FAITH

[From The Season for Nonviolence, 64 Ways in 64 Days pamphlet]
"Feb. 8--FAITH Today, say 'I Can' even if you are not aware of how to accomplish your goal. Have faith and say, 'I Can' until you find a way."

Ok, this exercise of blogging on this is either going to heal me or kill me; I'm not sure which (maybe both). I am going to resist correcting the punctuation above (that would be violent, and I've already invoked killing). Here's what I'm not sure that I can do: I'm not sure that I can say something new. I'm not sure that I can say it in a new way. I'm not sure that I can bridge this gap of my political and spiritual readers. Oh, what made me think I could blog on this? where are the snouts?

Where are the Snouts? (sung to the tune of Send in the Clowns)

Ain't it a bitch?*
Ain't it unfair?
Me here I'm blogging at last
And you just don't care
Where are the snouts?

Isn't it trite?
Can you ignore?
I think I'm saying something
You simply snore
Where are the snouts?
Send in the snouts.

Just when I'd come out of retirement
Finally knowing I wanted you to read only me
Writing my posts again with my usual flair,
Sure of my lines,
No one is there.

Don't you love farce?
My fault I fear.
I thought that you'd want what I want.
Sorry, my dear.
But where are the snouts?
Quick, send in the snouts.
Don't bother, they're here.

Isn't it rich?
Isn't it queer,
Losing my timing this late
In my career?
And where are the snouts?
There ought to be snouts.
Well, maybe next year.

*Sac bee website's automatic editing made me change this to "stitch"!

No comments: