Thursday, February 11, 2010

Day 13 -- Season for Nonviolence--Creativity

[From The Season for Nonviolence, 64 Ways in 64 Days pamphlet]
"Feb. 11 CREATIVITY Identify at least 5 ways in which you express your creativity every day. Today, allow something unpredictable and joyous to express through you."

I like that this is in the present tense. How do I already express my creativity every day--not another flippin' way that I need to change to be more something.

Let's see, 5 ways:
1) I blog
2) I make up weird songs to the kids in the car
3) I make up fun stories with the kids in the car and the dining table
4) I cook
5) I pray (this actually may be the most creative thing I do--when I am praying for someone else, I am often able to get out of the way and let God directly guide me in my words)

Today, I'm tempted to say I was fairly predictable and joyless, except that I picked my daughter and her friends unexpectedly up from school and I think that they loved it and it gave me joy to do it.

No comments: