Tuesday, September 21, 2004

Michael Moore and Susan Lerner
A few days ago, in a nice way, snicholsblog-enthusiast Susan Lerner, head of California Clean Money Campaign (to publicly finance elections in California) wrote to me in response to my Greek Tragedy post and suggested, although not in so many words, that I stop whining and start working to elect Kerry. After all, that's what she's doing.

I knew she was right. I did. But I had to let it sink in. Today, I catch wind of Michael Moore's latest diatribe Put Away Your Hankies... and it finally does sink in--as he puts it, do the Republicans wring their hands and give up when we look like we're ahead? "Hell no. It's never over for them until the last ballot is shredded."

That's the attitude we've got to take. None of my readers live in swing states, but if you can travel to a swing state, join a cell phone bank into a swing state or write letters to your friends and relatives in these places--please do it! Give your money to the Democratic Party Kerry Fund or Sierra Club's independent expenditure campaigns.

Or give your money to me and I'll spend it on hankies...

No comments: