Tuesday, September 14, 2004

Bad Words and Stupid White Men
Our 7 year old daughter is reading Stupid White Men by Michael Moore. She absolutely loves it. She snatched it from Bill when he was about 40 pages into it. He was slightly concerned at the content, asked her if there were any bad words. She said, "so far there's d-a-m-m-i-t. I'll let you know if there's any others."

So last night, she's reading on the bed next to me, making outraged noises at the description of Michigan Senator Abraham's anti-environmental agenda and then soon all-of-a-sudden, she erupts, "Mommy! I found a really bad word in here! I think you should see it!"

So I lean in. She points with her finger and a twinkle in her eye, "see Mom? It's one of the worst words ever. "

There in print:

"Dick Cheney"

She laughs hysterically and keeps reading.

No comments: