Wednesday, August 23, 2017

The Coconut on T Street for takeout only

With its super fresh tasting ingredients, perfectly organized menu, best Thai food in Sacramento plus brown rice that is so much better than rice anywhere that people stop in just to buy rice, this has been, until recently, my favorite newer restaurant in town (especially since its a short walk from my house in downtown Sacramento).   But the last three times I went there, the service was such that I can now only recommend it for takeout.

Time 1: kitchen lost all our orders, food took 45 minutes to arrive (I thought it a fluke due to some computer malfunction).

Time 2: orders arrived at very different times, making for an awkward meal.

Time 3: Out of a party of 4, the 4th entree arrived 10-15 minutes after the other 3 and only after getting up out of our seats to find a waiter to ask.

In fact, all 3 service incidents required getting up out of my seat to physically locate a waiter to ask to go to the kitchen and check.  It seemed that otherwise, they wouldn't have done so.

I would order takeout, give them a good long time and enjoy at home.

No comments: