Friday, August 25, 2017

Goodnight Moon. Goodnight Partially Eclipsed Sun. Goodnight Partially Learned Lessons...

Before we all forget that the moon nearly blocked out all of the sun this past Monday (at least in my part of California), I'd like to report some spiritual lessons learned from it (you can tell I haven't preached all month, I'm starting to need to)


  • The sun is actually always there.  It's there at night.  It's there during the day.  It's there during a total and partial eclipse.  (Would you, could you, with a fox? I would not, could not with a fox.  But I digress)

This is the same with the Great Spirit.  It is always there, no matter whether I see it or feel it or not.  No matter whether I look directly at it or not.  It is there.

I may not always perceive its warmth or its light, but that does not mean that its not there.


Spirit always yes.  Which means I have free choice.  I can choose to use special glasses to look at the sun, or I can choose to look directly at it and have a headache for 3 days and possibly damaged retinas for life.

Guess which one I did?

No comments: