Thursday, July 01, 2004

Today's Ruminations on Kerry
Everytime I think I'm too slavishly defensive of Kerry, I get a boost from an Arianna Huffington column; this latest column looks at Kerry vs. Clinton as candidates(Political Real Estate: John Kerry's Room with a View)--read it and tell me what you think.

I tend to agree with her on this (and many things). While Kerry isn't half the candidate Clinton is, he'll be twice the President (and hey, that's saying a lot, Clinton is looking pretty damn good right now--well, he always looked good, it was just--slap!--down girl, I've always had a little thing for Clinton, but it's purely physical not political, back on task...) and isn't that the main thing?

Fortunately, this is the best election year for a not-so-great candidate in decades: with only a pulse, a different last name than Bush and a (D) after his name, most of his voters would work their rear ends off for anyone to beat the chimp. The secret, and I wish it weren't one, is that this year we've got someone as our standard bearer who has the makings of a great President. I think he's going to win and I think it's going to be a different experience than any of us in my generation have ever had.

No comments: