Wednesday, November 21, 2018

Top Ten Reasons that I Meditate (or Why the Hell is Everyone Always Talking about Meditation?)

If you live in my part of the world, Northern California, you can't spit without hitting a meditation cushion.  Everywhere around us is yoga, meditation retreats, ashrams, you name it.  So before we really get in depth into any of the meditations I mentioned yesterday in my post on my favorite meditation practices, it might make sense to take a step back and I can share with you the top 10 reasons that I meditate:
  1. On the days I meditate, I feel happier than on the days I don't
  2. On the days I meditate, I experience more energy than on the days I don't
  3. On the days I meditate, I am less likely to get frustrated than on the days I don't
  4. On the days I meditate, I eat better than on the days I don't
  5. On the days I meditate, I feel like I have more time than on the days I don't
  6. On the days I meditate, I am kinder to others than on the days I don't
  7. On the days I meditate, I don't believe my negative thoughts as much as I do on the days I don't
  8. On the days I meditate, I pay more attention to the present moment than on the days I don't
  9. On the days I meditate, I feel more grateful for my life than on the days I don't
  10. On the days I meditate, I worry less about the state of the world than on the days I don't

Shout out to the 5 types of people reading this post (I say "types" but frankly there are only about 5 people period, a girl can dream):

  • People who already meditate and are open to new suggestions about techniques or practices they haven't tried
  • People who already meditate and are not open to new suggestions
  • People who have been meaning to meditate for about 20 years and just haven't gotten around to it yet and maybe this will help
  • People who aren't the slightest bit interested in meditation but do for some reason sometimes read what I write
  • And, finally, my target audience today: people who have always kinda wondered what all the fuss is about with meditation and are willing to read what I have to say.

No comments: