Tuesday, November 20, 2018

My Favorite Meditation Practices That I've Done Over the Years

Hi--I started meditating for real about thirteen years ago.  Over these years, I have periodically switched practices.  Each meditation practice has brought something beautiful and rich to my life and I often am very sad, like when I've reached the end of a great novel, when I am shown to move to the next one.  Today I'm just going to list the meditation practices that I can remember I've tried over the years.  Then I'll cycle back and write a bit about each one, what I liked, what didn't like, what I learned, why I stopped doing it.  As I write, I'll come back and link to the posts on those practices.  I would LOVE to hear from you: what are your favorites that are or are not listed here?


  • Chanting Om Namah Shivaya with a beautiful recording 15 minutes a day
  • Zazen--sitting silently for 20-40 minutes a day doing Zen Breathing--perfectly still
  • Tonglen Buddhist breath and meditation practice--breathing in pain, darkness, breathing out light
  • Running Energy--Berkeley Psychic Institute grounding and running energy process
  • 40 Day Prosperity Plan-- from John Randolph Price Abundance Book
  • Meditation series from Spontaneous Fulfillment of Desire: Harnessing the Infinite Power of Coincidence by Deepak Chopra
  • Tuning Into New Potentials -- Dr. Joe Dispenza recording
  • Morning and Evening Meditations -- Dr. Joe Dispenza recording
  • Advanced Sunday Meditation on Pineal Gland--Dr. Joe Dispenza Meditation
  • Almost every one of Oprah and Deepak's 21 Day Series including: Energy of Attraction, Desire & Destiny, Shedding the Weight, Making Every  Moment Matter, Hope in Uncertain Times, Creating Peace from the Inside Out, Become What You Believe, Manifesting Grace Through Gratitude, Getting Unstuck, Manifesting True Success, Finding Your Flow, Expanding Your Happiness, Perfect Health, Miraculous Relationships, Energize Your Life
  • Chanting Asatoma Sad Gamaya 106 times a day with guidance from Dr. Edward Viljoen
  • Chanting There's Only One Life, That Life is God's Life, That Life is Perfect, That Life is My Life Now 100 times a day
I'm sure there must be more practices that I've done -- these are the ones that I'm recalling right now.  I'll add to this list as I go along.  Again, I'd love to hear from you! 

1 comment:

hmersmann said...

When I was a teen: Gazing into a candle flame.

The Last 20 years or so: An amalgamation of zen and vipassanna (when I actually get my ass on the cushion).