Monday, January 01, 2007

No resolutions for me

I realized the other day: another new year is upon me, and I don't have a big long list of improvements to resolve to implement. Why? Because every of day of my life is fucking new year's day.

I don't get it Sara, are bitter about this, or pleased? Are you bragging, or whining?

Answer: yes.

I am a pleasantly bitter whine, with just a hint of bragadocio.

Every day, for over a year and half, I have gotten up each morning and resolved to be open to what the world is coaching me to do. And then, and this is the hardest part, to do it.

This has meant starting every day by praying, meditating, writing, reading, exercising, and working diligently for thinner thighs. Then it's morning again and I start over.

So why should today be any different?

No comments: