Sunday, October 07, 2018

Open Letter to God: Why? What Next?


 Dear God,

I feel so so sad today.  I feel so angry.  I feel so helpless.  I go around telling people that all is well and that all is in divine right order and timing.  And now Brett Kavanaugh is on the Supreme Court.  Why?  How? What is the plan?  Can you let me in on it?  How is it that this man who, no matter what else is true, was belligerent and rude and angry to his job interviewers has been given the job anyway?  And how is that there appear to be millions of people who are excited and riled up and angry and motivated to vote for a party that feels comfortable not listening to women, shaming women, and attacking women?

I confess, God, that I don't understand all of this.  I thought I was seeing that the President and his followers were the representation of an old tired worn out consciousness in the world, a consciousness of separation, of hate, of division, of exclusion, of hierarchy, of patriarchy, of homogeneity, of white supremacy.  And I thought that the visible expression of this old consciousness had awakened the dormant new level of consciousness that wants to come in, one of love, inclusion, diversity, of equality, of oneness, and that that consciousness was waking up to itself, standing on its feet and voting (choosing) it in this coming midterm elections.

But now it feels like the old consciousness is just getting stronger.  It feels like it has just cemented itself on the highest court in the land to overturn any law or policy that is loving or including or caring.

What am I missing, God?  What am I missing?  Is it as simple that as I am angry at "them" and their representatives in Washington, I am caught in that old consciousness of hate and separation and so it is empowered?

Is it as simple as what I resist persists?  

What is it?  What is the Truth of this situation that I need to see?  Okay, God, please let me love Donald Trump.  Let me love Mitch McConnell.  Let me love all their followers.  Let me even love Brett Kavanaugh.  Let me see them all as individualized expressions of the One.  Let me know this deep in my soul.  Let me understand that they are me.  Let me treat them as me.  Holy One, please excavate, destroy and uncreate in me any resistance of this agenda.  Let me allow it to flow through through the space of love that I am and dissipate back into the nothingness from which it came.  Let me feel my anger and my sadness and fear all the way through.  Let me act from love and not anger and fear.  Let me vote from love and not anger and fear.  Let me talk to my neighbors from love and not anger and fear.

No comments: