Thursday, September 01, 2011

4 Snouts up for I Love you Phillip Morris

(:)(:)(:)(:) for I Love You, Phillip Morris on DVD through Netflix. I thought this was going to be a wacky comedy about the tobacco industry (after all, what could be more funny?). It wasn't. It was a love story about two men played by Jim Carey and Ewan McGregor. Carey plays an insane con man, right up his street and not that much of a stretch for him. McGregor however is playing a very different character than I've seen him play before. I absolutely love this actor and if I ever have a grandchild, I'll insist that he be named "Ewan" (which will pretty much guarantee that he not be). One of my favorite films of all times, Moulin Rouge stars Ewan McGregor where he is entirely believable as madly in love with Nicole Kidman (which I find much harder to believe than Jim Carey, but maybe it's just me). Anyway, he absolutely makes this film. Why, oh why, don't we see more of him?

No comments: