Saturday, January 30, 2010

Day 2 at the DMV

Day 2, Tuesday, January 27, 2010

1:50pm, I cruise through the parking lot and go straight to the illegal lot next door. I run in, and take a ticket, B230. The monotonotron intones, "now serving B150 at window number 16." I go to a meeting with a friend on Power Inn Road.

3:20pm. I'm finished with the meeting with a friend, I head over to pick my son up from school. We swing by the DMV. Miraculously, there's a parking spot opening up in front of the DMV. I can feel that this is it. We're about to achieve license plate switchage.

My son runs in and comes back out quickly with, "they're on B190. You've moved up 40 places in line over the course of 1 hour and 50 minutes. That's a rate of (he takes out his calculator) 1 number every 2 and 1/2 minutes. At this rate, you can expect your number to be called at around 7pm tonight. When does it close?"

"5pm," I grumble and we speed off f-- no point in giving the ticket to anyone. Who would want it?

On Wednesday I'm too busy even to stop by for a ticket, let alone a transaction.

No comments: