Sunday, July 26, 2009

3 1/2 Snouts up for Bruno

(:)(:)(:)(;

Last night in a Buffalo cineplex as my daughter went to see Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince for the second time, I saw Bruno next door. I wasn't sure what to expect. I had found parts of Borat hilarious and have a high tolerance for offensive humor, but I was prepared to have to walk out at some point.

I wasn't disappointed. In the Bflo crowd, some of whom must have been unsuspecting patrons, I was in the minority of those who were doubled over with laughter, but doubled over I was more than once. What does it say about me that I find a fake ludicrous Austrian uber-gay idiot hilarious? Not sure. However, the scene in which he "communicates" with a member of Milli Vanilli through a psychic is one of the most over-the-top insanely funny things I have ever seen. It was a darn good thing that I had so little liquid in my bladder at that precise moment.

Another precious moment for a political junkie was his snuff "interview" with Ron Paul. According to the Huffington Post Ron Paul did not consent to be filmed or participate so that part of the film seems to be documentary. Click here for the HP article, "Bruno Foods Ron Paul"

As Buffalo veteran movie critic (and husband's distant cousin) Jeff Simon put it, you won't want to see this movie if homosexual acts or anything vaguely offensive makes you uncomfortable (or borderline baby abuse, but only implied and ludicrous). I deny it the extra snout and half only because of low production values and the sheer tiny demographic to whom it appeals. I love the thought of random homophobic people wandering in.

No comments: