Friday, January 13, 2006

Medicare hell

First blog in over a month. I am consumed with getting my business off the ground and passing the public financing of elections bill through the California legislature and can't seem to fit the daily blog into my busy routine.

Howsomever.

I need to observe that my pharmacist, Lloyd Ouye of Ouye's Pharmacy on 10th street in Sacramento, one of the few real conscientious neighborhood pharmacists around, now has a recording on his machine that says that due to the new Medicare changes, all prescription drug fulfillment, no matter who is paying for them, will be delayed by 2 to 3 days!@#

I try and try not to be this cynical, but it's impossible to believe anything other than that the Republicans are trying to destroy public support for Medicare by making the prescription drug benefit a nightmare for everyone.

Will it work? I hope not. I hope it backfires big time. Write your congressman. After I talked to him, Lloyd called his (Doris Matsui of Sacto) for the first time.

No comments: