Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Two Snouts Up for War of The Worlds

(:)(:) out of a possible 5 snouts (I've changed my rating system) for War of the Worlds directed by Steven Spielberg, in theaters now.

Bill tells me that there are people who liked this movie. I find it hard to believe. I mean, I guess it held my interest and the apocalyptic hellscape was visually arresting and everything but other than that...

It was a good date film though because most of the time Bill and I spent rolling our eyes and snickering to each other sarcastically like:

"oh right, like he's got the only van in the world that drives when all energy sources cease;" or

"outer space invasions are great teaching moments for noncustodial parents;" or

"honey, if you were trapped in a basement with Tim Robbins and our 8 year old daughter, would you kill Tim Robbins if you had to?" (Bill's answer btw was: it would depend how close by Susan Sarandon was and what she was wearing; which I considered nonresponsive)

So see it, by all means see it, and send me your sarcastic comments. We had more such comments, but we wouldn't want to "spoil" the experience for you with them.

Like, I'm sure all of us would like to know, does every good apocalypse have a silver lining?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

In my War of the Worlds, the frightened 50's townsfolk are assaulted by horrible aliens who look a lot like humans except they talk incessantly on cell phones, drive SUVs and call off the assault each night to watch reality TV.

Anonymous said...

dang, i like the movie..